You are here: Home > About Us
The long-term conservation of the Philippines’ native and endemic wildlife and natural habitats for the benefit of future generations of all peoples who may inhabit and share the natural resources of the country.
To enhance and enable the conservation of the Philippines’ unique and threatened environment, biodiversity and natural resources into perpetuity, through the establishment of integrated biodiversity conservation and development programs particularly conservation breeding, that include dissemination of knowledge, management practices and the active participation and collaboration of relevant stakeholders, particularly those who are dependent upon the natural resources of the region.
Goals of the Foundation
- Conduct research on globally important species
- Implement site and habitat conservation programmes
- Produce a viable population of captive-bred endemic and threatened species for release in suitable habitats:
a. Prepare suitable sites for reintroduction
b. Upgrade and keep setting international standards for conservation breeding facilities
- Establish international standards for conservation breeding and botanical gardens
- Mobilize necessary support and resources
- Incubate new experts and develop capacity of partner organizations
- Produce and raise the standards of conservation communication
Technical Services Team